Wednesday 26 February 2014

Player Spotlight: Petra Bomb




Skate Name
Petra Bomb

Skate Number
1936

Why Did You Start Roller Derby?
I have always done some contact sport, I loved to skate when I was a kid, and I like DIY culture and feminism so it was kinda a natural progression.

Describe Your Roller Derby Career So Far
Fresh Meat with Dorset Roller Girls, Skater with Bristol Roller Derby for a year while helping get BRDG going.
 
What's Your Skate Set Up?
Hand-me-down Riedell 265's with slightly-shonky-home-mounted Mag Avenger plates and Atom Jukes.

Who's Your Derby Idol?
There are many. Mick Swagger, Stef Mainey, plus everyone who's ever coached and encouraged me especially Delta Strike and Jet Reckless at BRD

Sum up Bath Roller Derby Girls in 5 words
Derby Love and Shoves. ... Biatch.

Fun Fact About You
Ahhh why you make me do this. I don't know fun things. Um. I can't handle carrots cut into rounds and was once bit in the bum by a police dog.


Player Award 2013
The Kingpin Award For Holding BRDG Together

No comments:

Post a Comment